Are you looking for ways to get involved with Cleveland’s nonprofit sector? Are you a young professional looking for leadership opportunities and to make a difference in the lives of other YPs around you? Consider applying to join YNPN Cleveland’s Board of Directors!
As an entirely volunteer-based organization, our Board is a small group of young nonprofit professionals who plan upcoming events, provide meaningful content and opportunities for our members, and manage all the day-to-day aspects of the chapter. Whether you have years of volunteering or nonprofit experience, or are just getting started in your career, becoming a board member is truly one of the best ways to make an impact in the community, all while learning new leadership skills along the way!
YNPN Cleveland is currently accepting applications for four positions on our Board of Directors, to begin their first one-year term starting in July. Please note the expected board commitments as listed on the application. Applications are due Friday, April 30, 2021.
- Serve as leader of the organization and of the board; ensure board tasks and assignments are completed in a timely manner
- Preside over monthly board meetings and set meeting agenda
- Serve as chapter liaison to YNPN’s National organization, and participate in monthly Chapter Congress Calls with National and representatives from other chapters
- Hold annual check-in calls with other board members and coordinate annual board recruitment efforts
- Manage YNPN Cleveland President Gmail account
Accepted applicant for this position will be fully trained by outgoing President prior to the start of their term. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply!
Co-Chair, Programming (2 Openings)
- In close collaboration with fellow Co-Chair, develop and oversee chapter events. Co-Chairs will equally share responsibility of coordinating events on a regular basis and will work together to provide quality programming content throughout the year.
- Coordinate event logistics including location, time, speakers, etc.
- Coordinate promotion of event with Communications Chair and the rest of the Board
- Program a variety of events including Professional Development events, self-care events, Networking/Happy Hours, Open Meetings, and Community Volunteer events
With two Co-Chairs, events are ideally scheduled once a month. If only one applicant is accepted, events will be expected a minimum of every other month. Recent events have been virtual over Zoom due to COVID-19 but may transition back to in-person events as safety guidelines allow.
Chair, Community Engagement
- Recruit, retain, and correspond with individual and organizational chapter members, including conducting personal outreach, sending membership expiration reminders, and notifying members of events and special offers
- Connect local nonprofits/universities/other organizations with the chapter; seek new opportunities for membership, sponsorship, and new benefits to provide to members
- Work closely with Communications Chair on chapter outreach and promotion
- Manage YNPN Cleveland Gmail account
Ready to join us? Submit your application today!